Yes it's true Etsy has Killed my CTphotography account.
It all started the other day when I was Spamming the Etsy forum with my blogspot Link, I only spammed Forum post that had FS chat in the title, 99.9% of them haven't had a comment in weeks or months, that doesn't make it any better but, oh well.
Someone saw my Post and commented back saying they reported me, for those of you who don't know, The certain Someone is a Like a Etsy TattleTale in both the forums and in the chat. Shes the Screen Capture Queen.
Alittle more about This person, I had the pleasure of meeting her in the Chatrooms, for the few hours I was in the same chatroom as her, she insulted about 4 shops saying one looked like it sold dollar store items, she also said that anyshop with under 10 items were losers, calling another user a fat mexican, calling me fat and that I stole my photos from a Stock photo site, (lets not go there, I think your products may have a few Copyright infringement issues.) She also purchased from about 3 shops while being in there, Thats great but it doent make up for the insulting remarks.
A few hours later Etsy sent me a nice Email Saying that CTphotography has been Deactivated.
Heres the Email I received:
Etsy Account Closure
Thursday, May 14, 2009 7:14 PM
"Etsy Support" firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello, This email is to notify you that your Etsy account has been closed because we do not allow sock puppet accounts. Please note that all action under any of your accounts is linked to your other accounts as well. Please link to any accounts that you hold in the profile of all other accounts. Also, please read our Dos and Don'ts here:etsy.com/dosdontsIf this is an error, please contact Etsy Support at http://email@example.com to have it corrected. Otherwise, we have enjoyed your company and wish you all the best. Team Etsy
So apearently you have to link any second accounts you have or else its considered a "Sock puppet" account.
sockpuppet: is an online identity used for purposes of deception within an online community. In its earliest usage, a sockpuppet was a false identity through which a member of an Internet community speaks with or about himself or herself, pretending to be a different person,like a ventriloquist manipulating a hand puppet. (from Wiki)
Most people knew that my first account was Adidaswithyou and that CTphotography wasn't a Sock puppet account .
Lesson learned, If you have a second account on Etsy Link it to your first account, Etsy knows your Ip address so if you do want to start trouble, use a Proxy server or your neighbors wifi >:/
Heres the list of Do's and Don'ts, I guess I broke Rule #7 and #10
Forums, Chat Rooms and Virtual Labs
The Forums, chat rooms and Virtual Labs are the primary venues for community interaction on Etsy. These areas have different features, but serve the same purpose.
- Above all, treat one another with respect. There is a real person behind each username.
- Keep your posts on-topic and in the appropriate section of the forums.
- Harassing, insulting or abusing other members is unacceptable.
- Discussing a specific member, shop or item (either by name or with identifiable hints) in a negative way is not allowed. This is referred to as "calling out."
- Do not use the community spaces to facilitate or arrange any sort of auction or transaction.
- Specific transactions and/or feedback should not be discussed in public community spaces. Instead, contact Support privately if you need help with a transaction.
- You may not use an undisclosed alternate account (also called a "sock puppet") in community spaces.
- Do not publicly post any kind of private information, such as: email, Conversations, letters, phone numbers, addresses, full names or business transactions.
- Solicitation for direct donations or other fund-raising is not allowed in community spaces. (Etsy shop promotions that entail donating proceeds to charity are fine.)
- Etsy does not allow spam in the community space and for this reason, promotion or advertisement from representatives or affiliates of outside services, websites or other products is not allowed.
- Forum threads in the wrong section will be moved, without notice, to the appropriate place.
- Etsy reserves the right to close any thread for any reason. In rare circumstances, Etsy may delete information from the forums. Violating community policies may result in suspension of community privileges and/or account termination.
You can Find me at www.CETphotography.etsy.com , lets see how long i can keep this shop name :D